Paper Chain Advent Countdown

It's December 1.  Let the countdown begin! 

I have very fond memories of my childhood... especially around the holidays.  In raising my three boys, I try to remind myself that it will probably be the simple things we do together that will make the biggest impact on them.

One of the things I will always remember from my childhood is the excitement of counting down to Christmas with an advent paper chain.  I decided to share this tradition with my boys. 



Here is what we did:

1)  I marked out 1 1/2" strips on construction paper, and my boys cut out the strips.  We are starting our countdown on December 1, so we cut out 24 strips.


2)  The boys used crayons and markers to decorate the strips of papers.


3)  We looped the paper into connected rings and secured each ring with a staple.


That's it -- literally, as easy as 1, 2, 3!  We hung our chain from a ribbon, and on December 1, we will start ripping off one ring each day.  Can't you just feel the excitement building?  :-)

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....