Banana Muffins {with a cinnamon twist}

A couple of months ago, I shared my mom's {no fail} banana bread recipe.  I have been making this recipe for years, but I have never tried using it to make banana muffins... until now. I added a streusel topping, and now I'm obsessed!




I am happy to say, the muffins turned out to be delicious.  I modified the recipe slightly and added a yummy cinnamon streusel topping.  

Here's the "how to":

1)  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


2)  Whisk together the following dry ingredients:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon



3)  Beat together:
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (and mashing bananas is a great job for little helpers)


4)  Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined, and scoop batter into lined muffin tins (about 3/4 full).





5)  Top each cupcake with approximately 1 tbsp of streusel mixture.  (3/4 cup light brown sugar, 2/3 cup flour, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1/2 cup cold butter… mixed together with a pastry blender).

6)  Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Do you think you will give this recipe a try?  Let me know how they turn out.


♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, these sound awesome!! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....