DIY Circus Party... with easy and inexpensive DIY details

A couple of weeks ago my son turned six, and he requested a Circus party... and I love a good DIY birthday party! Today I am sharing all the easy and inexpensive DIY details that made the party special.



We had 20 kids, and a ton of fun.  My birthday boy started the day with a special pancake breakfast, and then it was on to the party.


The Cake is one of my favorite parts of any birthday party.  The one I made was super easy -- using straws, a paper carousal top, and some animal cracker cookies.  I also made some fun, colorful "balloon" cupcakes.



And... what is Circus/Carnival party without a table of treats.  Check out the Concessions Table we had.  Not surprisingly, it was a big hit with the kids!  {I probably should have put tooth brushes in their loot bags.}


Of course... we had a few Party Favors -- Clown Noses and Ring Master Mustaches {cut from black paper and taped onto popsicle sticks}.



And... finally, we had the Midway.  You can find a full list of the games here, but I have included a few highlights below.


I think that paying attention to the details is more important than spending a lot of money.  Every aspect of this party is something that truly is DIY.  I hope it inspires you to throw a circus party for your little clown.  :-)



My boys and their friends had a fantastic time at this Circus party. It's a super-fun (and easy) party that is fun for kids of all ages.

Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


Looking for more DIY party inspiration? Check out my super fun carnival party here.


12 comments:

  1. Really fantastic, loved the idea and the bright colors! Excellent sixth birthday party. My daughter will be turning six in three months, and I wonder what party theme she will go for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party. Can I come next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake!! and the pancake is an awesome idea. My oldest will be 4 in a couple days. I think we may just be having pancakes for breakfast. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. (actually I thought I was already following you but I couldn't find you in my blog list. But now I am definitely following you)
    Would love to see you DIY Home Sweet home.
    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday. Would love for you to stop by and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great party, awesome!
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome party!! LOVE it!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Don't forget to grab our TGIF Button for your post or sidebar so others can find the party & link up too - thanks =-) See you next week,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun. The cake looks great. I bet your son had a great time.

    Veronica - http://watchmeplaynlearn.blogspot.com/2011/11/finger-paints.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to let you know I feautured this AMAZING party at TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2011/12/tgif-linky-party-8.html. Come on over and grab an I was Featured button & link up what you've been doing this week!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you buy the clown noses?

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you make the clown poster in the end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I covered a box with wrapping paper. Then, I drew a clown (with marker) onto a piece of bristol board. I cut it out, and taped it onto the front of the box.

      Delete

Don't miss any of the fun....