Frugal and Festive {Holiday Decor}

I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that it's December, and Christmas is right around the corner.  Last weekend I did some decorating, and today I am sharing 5 ideas for simple and inexpensive holiday decorating.



1)  Gift Wrap Pictures - This idea is really easy, but it has a big impact -- gift wrap pictures that you already have hanging on the walls.  {I used some red, glittery wrapping paper and gold ribbon, and I LOVE the way the pictures/presents look above my hall table.}


2)  Vase Full of Bells - How easy is it to fill a vase {you already have} with gold bells?  Then, stick in some Christmas flowers or glittery bobbles, and you have an adorable piece with lots of "vertical" appeal.  Cute, right?


3)  Makeshift Mantel - Sadly, I don't have a fireplace, but that doesn't mean I can't "hang my stockings with care".  A window sill is a great place to showcase stockings.


4)  Garland and Lights - Nothing says Christmas like greenery and little white lights.  I run garland up my staircase, but doorframes and mantles make great places for this festive decor too.


5)  Outdoor Greenery - Outdoor flower pots are perfect candidates for a makeover at this time of year.  I used some pine boughs, some branches from a birch tree {that we cut down last spring}, and some red embellishments from the dollar store to create a beautiful, festive arrangement for just over $10.


See any ideas you like?  I would love to hear all about your frugal and festive decor ideas{Please share them in the comments below.}

♥ 
Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

3 comments:

  1. I made a Christmas urn for my front porch similar to what you did: used trimmings from my neighbours pine tree (with permission) and added some red and silver balls, and a big red bow. Looks perfect for about $3.50.

    I'm definitely going to "wrap" 2 pictures that I have in my front hall and tie them with ribbon. What a great idea (esp. since the pictures are of tulips - kinda summery so it won't bother me to cover them up at this time of year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything look great! Love the sparkly wrapping paper! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all great ideas - but gift wrapping the pictures you already have hanging on the wall is GENIUS! What a great way to make your existing decor look festive. I'm definitely going to keep that idea in mind when decorating for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Don't miss any of the fun....