Easiest Way to Cook Squash

With my family's busy schedules, I am always looking for shortcuts when it comes to making meals.  So today, I am sharing my secret for the easiest squash ever.


Here's what I do:


1)  I use a sharp knife to cut a buttercup squash into quarters, and then I carefully cut off the peeling.  

2)  I cut the quarters into smaller pieces and place them in a microwave safe dish.

3)  I cover the dish and use the sensor setting on my microwave to cook it.  (In my microwave, it cooks at 75% for about 12 minutes.)

4)  When it is finished, I drain out all the excess water, add a little butter, and mash it.

I often cut it up ahead of time, and keep it in the fridge.  Then, at dinner time, I just need to pop it into the microwave.  I just love squash, don't you?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)

1 comment:

Don't miss any of the fun....