5 Tips for Simplifying Daily Clean Up

I recently received a new Orbit Clean Dishwasher from Frigidaire, and the company asked me to write about how I use my dishwasher to simplify the daily clean up in my home.  With three busy boys, keeping up with housework can be a challenge, but I have a few tips that help me keep things (somewhat) under control.  Here are 5 Tips (I use) for Simplifying Daily Cleanup:


1)  Don't let dishes and laundry pile up - Put dishes in the dishwasher after every meal, and make sure the kids learn to put their dirty clothes in the hamper as soon as they take them off.  It is important to stay on top of dishes and laundry so that they don't become overwhelming.

2)  Sweep after every meal - My boys have trouble eating over their plates, so I try to quickly sweep my kitchen after every meal... before my boys can track crumbs through the rest of the house.

3)  Make sure everything has a place - It can be challenging, but I try to make sure everything has a place.  If every coat has a hook, it is less likely to end up on the floor.  (e.g. You can check out my "Makeshift Mudroom" here.)

4)  Get the kids to help - Make it simple for kids to help by teaching them where things go.  In our house, we have labelled toy bins, so it is easy for my boys to find things and put them away when they have finished.  (You can check out my "Toy Storage Solution" here.)


5)  Do a little every day - There is nothing worse than a big weekend clean up, so try and do a little every day.  "Wing it" (like I do) or set up a little schedule.  (e.g. Clean the toilets on Mondays, dust half the rooms on Tuesdays, dust the rest of the house on Wednesdays, etc...)  Doing 15 minutes each day keeps things under control.

As you can imagine, a dishwasher is a valuable appliance in my house, and my new Orbit Clean Dishwasher from Frigidaire has all the features I need to keep up with the mess created by my busy boys. I need clean dishes that I don't need to rinse before washing them, and I don't need to dry after the dishwasher has stopped, and my new dishwasher meets this "must have" criteria.
I also like the fact that my new dishwasher easily fits all of my dishes because of the adjustable top rack -- and it even has a special spot for my wine glasses and coffee pot!


What is your biggest challenge when it comes to managing daily clean up?  Do you have any tips to share?  I can use all the help I can get!


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)


Disclosure: I am part of the Frigidaire Canada Ambassador program with Mom Central Canada and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....