Elegant DIY Winter Wreath

This time of year, I take down my Christmas wreath, and I try to come up with a pretty DIY winter wreath to replace it.  Today, I hung this elegant felt wreath on my front door, and I absolutely love it!


To make this wonderful winter wreath:

1) Start by cutting a circle from foam core (from the dollar store).  I cut mine about 2 inches thick.  Don't worry about jagged edges because you won't see them when the wreath is completed.

2) Wrap yarn around the foam core securing with hot glue periodically.

3) Make A LOT of white felt roses, and hot glue them to the wreath.  You can find a step-by-step tutorial for making felt roses here.


4) Add a bow.  (I found this teal/glittery bow in the Easter section at the dollar store).



I am so pleased with how this felt winter wreath turned out -- and it was super-easy and inexpensive! What do you hang on your front door this time of year?


Gina (aka East Coast Mommy)


PS - You can also modify this design by adding a red ribbon for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....