Simple Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

Several years ago, I shared my mom's recipe for "no fail" banana bread. I use this banana bread recipe frequently... and sometimes I use the same recipe for muffins. These banana chocolate chip muffins are simple to make, they always turn out great, and they are perfect for my boys' lunch boxes.


To make my mom's simple banana chocolate chip muffins:

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and insert liners into a muffin tin.

2) Whisk the following dry ingredients together:
     2 cups of flour
     1/4 cup white sugar
     1/4 cup brown sugar
     3 tsp baking powder
     1/2 tsp baking soda
     1/2 tsp salt
     1/2-1 cup chocolate chips

3) Beat the following ingredients together:
     1 egg
     3/4 cup milk
     1/4 cup melted butter (cooled)
     1 1/2 cup mashed bananas

4) Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined, and pour batter evenly into the muffin tin (to make 12 muffins).

5) Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.





I make these muffins every couple of weeks, and I often freeze them for school lunches. If you give them a try, let me know what you think. 


Gina Bell (aka East Coast Mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....