BIRTHDAY LETTER to my youngest son on his 8th birthday

Today, my "baby" turns eight. I seriously can't believe how fast time flies. It seems like yesterday I was getting up with him in the middle of the night to feed him and rock him back to sleep. In keeping with family tradition, last night I wrote him a birthday letter as a way of remembering all the little details that make him special. Here is my birthday letter to my youngest son on his 8th birthday.


To my darling, cuddly, sweet "baby" boy:

I am so proud to watch you find your way in the world as you work hard to build your confidence and conquer your anxiety in new social situations. You are a cautious boy, but this past year, you made new friends and tried new things.

On your 8th birthday, I want you to know that I love you more each day, and I feel totally blessed to be your mother. Here are some of things that make you the unique boy that you are:

  • Crackers are your favourite food. In particular, you love multi-grain wheat thins. 
  • You have a sweet smile, and you have adorable freckles on your nose and cheeks.
  • Your nickname is "Bellzie" (like your brothers), and you answer to it proudly.
  • You love to read with me, and I love to read with you too! (We recently read "Charlotte's Web" together, and we both had tears in our eyes when Charlotte died... even though you hid your face and denied it.) :-)
  • You love to play anything with a ball or a puck, but hockey is still your favourite.
  • Riding your bike is one of your favourite things to do. It's really cute to watch you hop on your bike and "call for" your neighbourhood friends.
  • Playing with your brothers is still your favourite thing to do. You are always playing games or going on adventures together.
  • Your favourite colour is green, you love your "big blanket", and your hockey number this year was #5.
  • You are shy around new people, but with your friends and family you are a clown. You are always acting silly, and making us laugh with your funny dance moves.

I love you to the moon and back, and you will always be my "baby".

Lots of Love,

Mom
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't miss any of the fun....